Zimbabwe drew nill all with Rwanda in their group G first encounter at Huye stadium.
For the first time after 2 years of FIFA ban, Zimbabwe has played its first competitive match away from its home soil.
The Warriors of Zimbabwe are seeded in group G, consisting of Nigeria, South Africa and Rwanda.
Despite coming back to football life, the Warriors have no chance of qualifying for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
ALSO READ: ‘Not one but two’ – Get to know Khama Billiat’s alleged wives
SWEET AND SOUR OPINION: RWANDA VS ZIMBABWE MATCH ANALYSIS
- Benard Donovan had good saves and good communication with the defenders, but he has to work on ball timing and cutting crosses.
- Good combination of Gerald Takwara with Teenage Hadebe at the back, but Hadebe shouldn’t be casual at times.
- Mbeba is not good at starting such kinds of games, very good at marking but going forward he is bad.
- Devine Lunga the veteran left back in Warriors colors was bad going forward, with bad corner kicks, free kicks, and crosses.
- Captain Marvelous had a decent game, giving cover to the defenders going for short passes going forward
- Marshal Munetsi gave all, although he was very cautious with his fitness as he avoided hard contact.
- Musona was not supposed to start the match, he did not offer much with zero shots on target and takeons
- Dzukamanja played off position therefore giving less of his potential
- Admiral Muskwe’s fitness is of concern. The only clear-cut chance he failed to convert was supposed to be a goal.
- Prince Dube had a couple of attempts with shots off and on target
- Chirinda came in as a sub and he showed some good runs with the ball and off the ball
- Tino Kadewere should start the next match vs Nigeria because of his experience
OPINION: WARRIORS’ PROBABLE LINEUP TO START VS NIGERIA
- Goalkeeper: Benard Donovan
- Right back: Tivonge Rushesha
- Left-back: Zemura
- Right CB: Gerald Takwara
- Left CB: Teenage Hadebe
- Left CDM: Marvelous Nakamba
- Right CDM: Tanaka Shandirwa
- CM: Rinomhota
- Playmaker: Munetsi
- Striker: Tino Kadewere
- Second Striker: Obriel Chirinda