Baby Cele biography, age, husband, family, business empire, career, and net worth
Baby Cele is a South African actress known for outstanding skills on shows like Uzalo.
Over the years, Baby won several awards showing how good an actress she is.
Full name: Baby Cele
Date of birth: 22 March 1972
Place of birth: Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Husband: Thabo Moloka (m 2017)
Net worth: R6 million
Baby Cele’s early life, age
There is no doubt that Baby Cele is one of the finest actors in Uzalo and the country at large.
Growing up in Umlazi, KwaZulu Natal, the bubbly actress is currently 51 years as of March 2023.
Baby Cele’s husband, abusive relationship, and children
The award-winning serial actress had seen a lot when it came to love, but she did not give up.
Her love life was not straightforward until she met her husband, Thabo Moloka.
During her early years, she fell in love with Madla Mabuza, and they dated for quite some time.
She also fell in love with an unknown man who abused and forced her out.
After years of struggling with relationships, Baby Cele found her long wait for love in businessman Thabo Moloka.
The couple looked so happy together and had their wedding in 2017.
As of 2023, she had two children, Yolisa and Thando Cele.
Baby Cele’s academic qualifications, education, and family
Baby Cele entered the entertainment industry many years ago, making her financially stable at a younger age.
Unlike many actors who went to school for it, Baby’s acting is a natural talent.
She had her primary and secondary education in Umlazi, but there is not much information about her tertiary education.
Baby Cele’s career
Indeed, Baby Cele has one of the most decorated careers in Mzansi, with several awards to show for it.
She has featured in almost twenty shows since her debut with Backstage as Katlego Rathebe.
Despite it being her debut appearance on television, Baby Cele stayed with Backstage for eight years.
She went on to appear in many other shows before she joined Uzalo as Gabisile Mdletshe.
Below is a list of shows she appeared in in her long career.
- Backstage – Season 1 as Katlego Rathebe
- Blood & Water – Season 1 as Mrs Dlamini
- Ga Re Dumele – Season 5 as Apostle Eve
- Home Affairs – Season 4 as Thandeka
- I Love South Africa – Season 2
- iNkaba – Season 1 as Slindlile Dludlu
- Intersexions – Season 1 as Nurse Nonkululeko
- Isidingo – Season 1 as Colonel Sibongile “Bongi” Nene
- It’s for Life (2011) – Season 1 as Sthe’s Mom
- Jozi Streets – Season 1 as Thandi
- My Perfect Family – Season 1 as Portia Nkosi
- My Perfect Family – Season 2 as Portia Nkosi
- Red Cake – Not the Cooking Show – Season 3
- Ring of Lies – Season 1 & 2 as Ruth
- Saints and Sinners – Season 3 as Celiwe
- Shreds and Dreams – Season 1 as Beauty
- Sokhulu & Partners – Season 2 as MaNkunzi
- Uzalo – Season 4 – 6 as Gabisile
- Zabalaza (2013) – Season 1 – 3 as Gasta Cele
Baby Cele’s business empire, net worth
After her marriage to Maloka, Baby Cele’s net worth had been so difficult to estimate.
Her marriage with a prominent businessman also allowed her to venture into business.
However, our 2023 estimate of her net worth is R6 million.