Shoprite SASSA loans background
Soprite gives out loans to individuals eligible for grants from Social Security. The arrangement is that if you get a loan from Shoprite now, you will be able to pay back using the money you receive from any grant you qualify for. If you believe you may be eligible for SASSA grants, you must go through the grant application process below to get a Shoprite SASSA loan.
Why you should consider applying for a Grant
The government of South Africa is committed to ensuring that every South African / refugee’s welfare is a priority. In doing so, they were assigned to the Ministry of Social Development, a department that offers loans of different forms to its citizens in severe financial need through the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA).
To make sure you get money at your convenience, The board assigned Shoprite to forward such grants to South Africans easily. With Shoprite, you can apply for a SASSA loan that is more than your monthly grant payout. Below is the list of grants you can use to get SASSA loans from Shoprite.
- Care Development Grant
- Child Support Grant
- Disability Grant
- Foster Child Grant
- Older Person Grant
- Social Relief of Distress
- War Veterans Grant
What makes you qualify for the above Shoprite SASSA grant loans?
Types of Shoprite SASSA loans
Boxer Sassa loans
This is one of the fastest same-day personal loans you can ever get. Apply and get your loan into your bank account on the same day. You will also have to be in either of the SASSA grants to get this loan.
Shoprite Care Development Grant loan
This loan is given only to people who have qualified for the Care Development Grant under the circumstances below. The grant is given to guardians of children who require special attention and permanent care, like physical and mental disabilities.
Requirements for Care Development Grant
- Only a parent or primary caregiver, or a foster parent
- The above must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee
- The caregiver and the care receiver child must be living in South Africa
- The child must be under the age of 18 (minor)
- A medical report confirming the child’s disability
- Both parents, if available, must meet the requirements of the means test
- The child must not be permanently cared for by another government institution
Documents required to get a Care Development Grant
- The Identity documents of the caregiver
- The birth certificate of the child under the care
- If both of you do not have identity documents, you must get an affidavit from Shoprite and fill in the information.
- Proof of spouse’s status i.e. marriage certificate, divorce statement, a sworn-in statement in the affidavit, death certificate if the spouse is dead
- Proof of income through an affidavit
Where to apply for Shoprite Care Development Grant loan
Any Shoprite shop or Pick and Pay
Shoprite Child Support Grant loan
This kind of loan is given to parents or guardians who are caregivers to children under 18. However, only caregivers who meet the below criteria qualify for this loan.
The Child Support Grant is a facility given to low-income families to help them meet their children’s basic needs. This grant is not meant to replace other household incomes but to supplement the existing payment. After serious consideration, the government realised that taking good care of a child significantly affects the child’s future and the country. Therefore a proper investment in children is a tremendous national investment for the future.
Requirements to get a Child Support Grant
- Only the primary parent/ guardian of the child is eligible to apply for this type of grant.
- The child under the grant must be a minor (below 18 years)
- Both the primary caregiver and the child must be South African citizens, permanent residents or refugees
- If the caregiver is not the parent, then proof of primary caregiving is required through an affidavit from the police, biological parent or social worker
- If the primary caregiver is single, they must not earn over R52 800 a year (R4 400 a month). If married, your combined income shouldn’t exceed R105 600 a year (R8 800 a month).
- The child must not be under the care of any other government institution
- The child must be staying with a caregiver who is not supported
- All the documents, such as Identity documents, the status of the spouse and an affidavit if the guardian is not the biological parent of the child, will be required.
How to apply for a Shoprite Child Support Grant loan
You can visit any Shoprite or Pick and Pay outlet and get as much assistance as possible. You need to fill in the application form that you will find at that Shoprite retail outlet
Other Shoprite SASSA loans
For all the loans explained below, one must first qualify for the SASSA grants to get a loan from Shoprite. All the documents and SASSA requirements must be met for you to either prepare for the grant or the loan.
Shoprite Disability Grant loan
Like any other Shoprite SASSA loan, you will need to first qualify for the grant for you to get a loan. This is the support given to South African adults, those with permanent residency or refugees with severe disabilities. These disabilities should deny these beneficiaries access to essential work or needs. To qualify for this support facility, one must provide a medical report confirming the extent of their disability. They are also required to provide all the documents necessary for one to get a Shoprite SASSA grant loan. The beneficiary must be between 18 and 59 years old.
Shoprite Foster Child Grant loan
This loan is given to individuals who qualify for the SASSA’s Foster Child Grant. The grant is given to parents/guardians of children below 21 years of age but still under the parent’s care. They may be doing studies like a University education.
Shoprite SASSA Pension loan
This is a loan available for senior citizens or older people who are not less than 60 years of age and are getting assistance from social security.